Friday, January 21, 2011

How does $120 in Free Product sound?

One of the things I have always absolutely loved about Direct Sales is the hostess programs. If you try to translate a hostess program to department stores it starts to sound completely and utterly ridiculous.

Do it! A friend booked a party with me this week. She invited 17 people on facebook and is doing other invites and order gathering. She gets 6 people to come out to the party and 5 of them buy $60 in product. Her other friends buy another $150 in product, totaling $500 in sales for the company/consultant/me. That 6th guest at the party is so broke she can't order anything, but she had so much fun she decided she would get her friends together and have her own party. That $500 in sales is going to get my friend over $200 in free product!! Woo hoo for her, right??

Let's go to a department store. My friend invites a bunch of friends to go to Store X with her. Some of her friends can't join her that day, but they go on their own and buy $150 in stuff. My friend gets 6 people to join her for the shopping day and, again, 5 of them buy $60 each in stuff. Totaling $500 in income for Store X. What does my friend get for gathering her friends, organizing a time for them all to join and bringing them into Store X??

NOTHING!!

But that is one example of a L'Bri show and the Hostess Rewards. And that is just the baseline. That doesn't include my free makeover, the Thank You gift, the booking rewards or anything else that I might throw in depending on the month.

I've done Pampered Chef shows and had to go through the catalog 3 times just to use up all my free product.

I've done Lia Sophia shows where I have to figure out which items I'm getting free vs which ones for half price vs which ones I'm saving for the shows I now have in the future that my friend's booked.

We've all done shows for a company or two, we get how it works. Yes I know, some of us are better at having people over or gathering orders or whatever than others are. I've had absolute BOMBS for shows too. But, ultimately, when you compare Direct Selling to Department Stores, we are head and shoulders above them. Plus, you get to meet ME! AND, you don't have to leave the warmth and coziness of your house to do your shopping. You can go directly to my website whenever you want and place an order and have it shipped directly to your house in less a week, typically. You just can't beat that.

So, how much free product would you like to get??

No comments:

Post a Comment